The impact of social media
A look at the rise of social media and a prescription for remaining current.
Especially for small business, the Internet creates so many opportunities to tell your own story, both in written word and video.
In this keynote presentation Accredited public relations professional, Pete Codella, will demonstrate the impact of social media on both personal and professional communication.
- Learn how others use Facebook to secure awareness and drive sales
- See how YouTube serves as a free, always-on advertising channel
- Find out how to leverage social media engagement
- Understand the role social media plays in search placement
How to use Facebook and LinkedIn for business
Digital tools will never replace face-to-face relationships, but they can certainly help small businesses tell their own story on the Web.
In this seminar, Pete Codella, digital and Accredited public relations pro, will share strategies and examples for successfully using Facebook and LinkedIn for business.
He’ll discuss how you can:
- Share links to relevant content – Web pages, blog posts, news releases, videos, photo galleries and presentations
- Comment on related content, offering support and insight
- Network with friends, colleagues and people you’ve never met face-to-face
- Curate content – provide links and perspective
- Highlight your company in the news
- Provide commentary for news and trends
- Tell more of your story than you could or would using traditional or paid media
Date: April 12, 2012
Time: 11:15 a.m. breakout session and 1 p.m. keynote presentation
Place: Sevier Valley Center, 800 West 200 South, Richfield, Utah | map it
Register: on the Salt Lake Chamber website
Here are links to PDFs of the two presentations:
Facebook and LinkedIn | 5.2mb PDF
The impact of social media | 5.6mb PDF